1. When I walk in the streets my name is not gringa it is arubia the word for blonde. Yes people think my hair is blonde when it is very obviously brown.
2. People drink Oat Juice by choice. It looks like milk, tastes like sour oats and smells like sugar. It’s disgusting
3. Yutcan is a food that has a similar consistency to chalk.. it is consumed often along with plantain. Every. Single. Meal.
4. Coffee. Well coffee is here is drank in cups the size of shot glasses.
5. Coke a cola and lime can fix any aliment you could possibly have related to your stomach.
6. Just because you are the same colour as someone it means that you are most likely related to him or her in some way.
7. No matter how far away or close you need to go within the city of Puerto Plata, the price for a taxi motorcycle is always 25 or 30 pesos.
8. Rain has the power to shut down a city people will not leave and go to work or school because they don’t want to get wet.
9. People wear garbage bags to protect themselves from the rain.
10. Laundry is the most time consuming process here.